An admissions committee consisting of the Health Psychology Certificate Program Director and Co-Director and one rotating health psychology faculty will meet at least once each fall and summer semesters to make admissions decisions. Application materials for the fall are due August 1st, for the spring by December 1st and for summer by May 1st.
Psychology department graduate students who wish to pursue a Health Psychology Graduate Certificate should consult with the Dr. Kirk or Dr. Hamilton. The Department will then request that the College/school add a certificate to a graduate degree-seeking student’s plan. All other applicants must fill out an online application. You can complete your application at http://graduate.ku.edu/ku-graduate-application
Current non-psychology department KU graduate students must include the following:
- Statement of one’s interest in Health Psychology
- Current Degree Progress Report (DPR) or Advising Report; a current graduate GPA of 3.0 or higher is required
- Letter of Support from student's home department
*Note: If admitted, documentation stating you have gained regular admissions status from the other department or school is required and should be sent to the Graduate Academic Advisor, Kirsten Hermreck (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Non-KU graduate student applicants must include the following:
- One letter of recommendation from persons familiar with your academic work or potential for graduate school
- Official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores –University of Kansas institutional code is 6871
- Transcripts from all institutions from which a degree was obtained, or any institutions attended post-bachelors. A GPA of 3.0 or higher in undergraduate work is required for admission. Copies of official transcripts that you have opened may be uploaded to the application online and used for admissions consideration. If you are admitted, sealed, or official electronic transcripts showing degree conferral, if applicable, must be provided by the end of your first semester at KU. Send official, sealed transcripts to:
313 Strong Hall
1450 Jayhawk Blvd.
Lawrence, KS 66045-7535
Applicants who indicate English is not their native language: Proof of English proficiency, as required by the Office of Graduate Studies.
Kirsten Hermreck, M.A
Graduate Academic Advisor
College Office of Graduate Affairs