Please visit our Ph.D. KU Catalog pages for complete information: Doctor of Philosophy in Psychology Catalog - Admissions
We offer a single doctoral degree which may be earned in one of the following programs: clinical, cognitive, quantitative, or social psychology. Students admitted to one of these 4 programs enter with the expectation of continuing graduate study through the Ph.D. as the department does not admit terminal master's students.
A separate clinical child psychology training program has been developed for doctoral students in an interdepartmental program with the Department of Applied Behavioral Science. Those interested in applying to the Clinical Child Graduate program, click here.
Please view our Doctoral Program Profile which includes data on faculty, enrollment, admissions, financial support, the number of degrees completed and postdoctoral plans.
Our application deadline for Fall 2019 admissions is December 1st, 2018. We do not admit students during the spring or summer semester. Because admissions to our doctoral program is extremely competitive, it is important that all materials and supporting documents are received no later than December 1st to guarentee consideration for admissions.
- Statement of Purpose
- Three letters of recommendation (please use KU's online letter of recommendation system when you apply)
- List of awards received
- List of psychology courses taken and grades received
In addition to materials submitted online, applicants must also provide:
- Official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores (KU's institutional code is 6871)
- Transcripts from all institutions from which a degree was obtained, or any institutions attended post-bachelors. Copies of official transcripts that you have opened may be uploaded to the application online and used for admissions consideration. If you are admitted, sealed, or official electronic transcripts showing degree conferral, if applicable, must be provided by the end of your first semester at KU. Send official, sealed transcripts to:
- International or applicants who's native language is not English ONLY: provide TOEFL or IELTS scores taken no more than two years prior to the semester of admission.
Please direct any specific questions about our admissions process to:
Graduate Academic Advisor