On this informational page you will find the following administrative topics:
- Photocopies and Scanning Requests
- Scheduling Make-Up/Alternative Exams
- Additional Resources Available in Main Office
Forms can be found on the wall to the right of the copier in the main office. Make sure to fill out the form COMPLETELY!!! Please turn in requests with, at least, a THREE DAY turn-over time. Place completed request(s) and appropriate document(s) in the “To Be Copied” basket. Exams should be handed to the staff member at the front desk. *Requests can be emailed but be sure to include the same information needed on the request form. Email to Psychology@ku.edu. If requests are put in a mailbox, please email the person letting them know that something was put in their mailbox. Completed copies can be picked in the main office. Exams and quizzes will be locked up behind the front desk.
Word Processing/Typing, and Printing Requests
Letters of recommendation, mailings, help with special projects, and data entry. You will need to allow ample time for larger projects.
Photocopying Request Forms can be used for Scanning Requests. If copies are needed from a book, journal, etc., note the page numbers or chapter number(s). Note on the form that you would like the document(s) scanned to PDF under “Special Instructions”. The file will be emailed to you and originals will be placed in your mailbox, unless otherwise indicated.
- Campus Mail
Envelopes can be found in the mailroom on top of the Faculty Mailboxes. Be sure to put the name and/or department of where you want to send the envelope. Campus Mail can be dropped into the Campus Mailbox, located to the left of the seating area in the main office.
- Federal Mail
Place mail needing to be stamped in the “To Be Mailed” basket on credenza in main office. Already stamped mail can be put in the USPS Mail Bin, located on the floor under the Faculty Mailboxes on the right-hand side. The mailman usually comes before the noon lunch hour, so any mail needing to go out that day needs to be put in the bin before 10:00 am.
- FedEx, UPS, and DHL
These services are available through the Main Office. Forms can be obtained from the office staff. We try to reserve the use of these services for more pressing deadlines and large items.
Most packages are delivered to the main office. When packages arrive, the recipient is notified via email that they have a package available to pick up in the main office. Small items will be placed in your mailbox, larger boxes will be kept in the office. The front office is not responsible for missing packages. If extra security is needed on a package, please notify us in advance at email@example.com.
Fax cover sheets are found on the wall to the right of the copier in the main office. All faxes require a cover sheet. Make sure to indicate clearly the number to send the fax. Please indicate if the fax is personal or business.
Make-up/Alternative Exam Requests
Forms can be found on the wall to the right of the copier in the main office. You must reserve rooms for make-up exams in advance. Please remember that we leave at 5pm M-R and 4:30pm on F. The students must have their exams completed by 4:30pm. The staff will not proctor an exam. We will only place the student in the examination room
Scantrons are available in the main office. As one of our cost cutting measures, we will only give scantrons to instructors that have more than 45 per class section.
The main office has access to all the office supplies. If we do not have what you need on-hand, we can easily order it within a couple of days, if it not a specialty item. Ink cartridges are supplied for departmental printers. The office must be made aware of your printer type and ink requirements in order to insure that ink will be stocked for your printer. We are not required to keep ink stocked for your personal or non-work related printers and cannot order it. Ask the main office staff if you need white or colored printer paper. It can be ordered by the box if paid for by a grant or personally if needed.
We have storage available in the attic of Fraser to store class, research, and administrative materials. We have the boxes and labels available through the front office that need to be used for this storage. We will only keep class materials for three years and graduate student research materials will only be kept for three years. All other materials will be disposed of according the administrative directions needed for those materials. To lighten the load of arranging multi moves per year, as well as cost effectiveness, we will be taking boxes to the attic twice per year, January and July. So please follow these dates for student office moves, lab purging, and office purging.
You will be notified of the exact dates after arrangements have been made for that month.
No boxes will be accepted at any other time due to storage constraints.
- Copier in the Main Office-ONLY for copying of 10 or less pages.
- Recycling-Paper bin on the left-hand side, under the faculty mailboxes in the Mailroom.
- Ink cartridges can simply be given to any of the main office staff. Recycle in appropriate box on fourth floor.
- Document shredding. Any document containing personal information (i.e. KU ID numbers, student phone numbers or addresses, social security numbers, etc.) MUST be shredded, NOT thrown in the trash or recycled. Documents to be shredded should be placed in its designated box, 426 Fraser.
- Video Library-Staff can assist you with checkout.
- Lamination-We can laminate 8.5x11 sheets, and smaller “wallet” sized items.
- Binding-We do have a manual binding machine that binds with the black plastic spines.
Laptops, projectors, digital cameras, and media cabinet keys are available in the main office to be checked out. You can request these items by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or coming to the main office and reserving them in person. Indicate what you need and how long you need it. Make sure to give plenty of notice because we cannot guarantee that equipment will be available.
If you need to reserve a room for research, meetings, make-up exams, etc. email email@example.com.
- Make-up/Alternative Exam Rooms: Room 436 is first choice. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or speak with receptionist to sign out the room. It will hold one student at a time. If Room 436 is full or you have more than 2 students taking an exam at one time, you can use Room 447 to administer an exam. Please use the same method of checkout as for room 436. This room can hold a maximum of 6 students at one time. We will not monitor the exams after we place them in the room.
- Classroom Reservations: Initial classroom reservations are figured out when scheduling occurs. Additional classroom reservations need to be emailed to email@example.com. Lab/Research meeting email firstname.lastname@example.org . Be sure to explain what you need the room for and about how many people will be occupying the room. If none of our internal rooms (327, 458, 537, and 547) are available, your request will be forwarded to central room scheduling. Be sure to give at least one week notice on all reservations, otherwise there is no guarantee that a room has been assigned to you. If you need a room(s) for a long term study, please request all times and days at once. You will receive a confirmation email if you have been assigned a room.