PSYC Graduate Student Handbook
The handbook describes the most essential aspects of graduate study in Psychology at the University of Kansas as determined by Departmental policy and University regulations. It contains detailed descriptions of exam procedures, department requirements, and campus resources.
Handbook Appendix Documents
- Appendix A: GTA Evaluation Form (PDF)
- Appendix B: GTA Observation Form (PDF)
- Appendix C: Oral Comprehensive Examination Rubric (PDF)
- Appendix D: Dissertation Defense Rubric (PDF)
- Appendix E: Mentoring Agreement (PDF)
- Appendix F: Graduate Student Department Checkout Sheet (PDF)
- Appendix G: Change in Faculty Advisor Form (PDF)
College Office of Graduate Affairs (COGA)
The College Office of Graduate Affairs (COGA) is responsible for graduate program quality and degree completion. COGA offers MA and PhD checklists for graduation requirements, and maintains a set of useful links to pages in the KU Policy Library relevant to graduate students. Current students are subject to all of these policies in addition to their catalog requirements. Please consult the policy links with any questions about University policy.
All requirements for the degrees are listed in the Academic Catalog page for Psychology. Your requirements are set by the Catalog that is in effect in the first semester of your studies. You may opt to switch to a later revision of the Catalog. To view your Catalog, select a year on the Academic Catalogs page, open Liberal Arts and Sciences, find Psychology, and click on your degree.