From the desk of the Chair
The department of Psychology at the University of Kansas recently celebrated its 100th anniversary. In that time, we have helped many students at the undergraduate and graduate level understand how the mind and the brain influence human behavior through our teaching, research, and service. Our faculty—often in collaboration with undergraduate and graduate students—have made important discoveries about the laws and principles that guide the behavior of individuals and groups. We look forward to seeing our current students shape the next hundred years of the field of psychology and the world with the knowledge and research skills they have obtained while at KU.
- The Department consists of over 35 faculty members, nearly all of whom are tenured or tenure track faculty.
- We have over 1200 undergraduate majors and nearly 125 graduate students.
- We are located on floors 3 through 5 of Fraser Hall at the top of the beautiful Mount Oread.
- Grant funding for faculty research has a running average of over $5 million per year.
- According to the annual rankings of graduate programs conducted by U.S. News and World Report the department's graduate program3 overall was ranked 21st in the country among public institutions, and 40th among all universities.
- Both the Clinical Training Program and the Child-Clinical Training Program have full APA accreditation.
- Each semester, the Department offers between 60 and 80 different undergraduate course sections and between 15 and 20 graduate course sections.
Welcome to the Department of Psychology at the University of Kansas!