All students enter the department with the expectation of earning the Ph.D., as the department does not offer a terminal Master's degree.
**Please note, we will not accept GRE scores for the Fall 2021 Application Cycle**
Minimum Requirements and Prerequisites
In addition to the university requirements for admission, the department also has the following prerequisite for graduate admission:
- An undergraduate or master's degree in the field of study or related field OR at least 15 credit hours in psychology or related field, including a first course in statistics and a course in experimental psychology or psychological research methods
The application deadline for the Fall 2021 admission is December 1, 2020.
**Please view the "Program Selection Page" on the online application for specific instructions regarding each program's required materials!**
- A current C.V. (Curriculum Vitae) or resume
- A Statement of Purpose (Please see the program selection page on the online application for more specifics regarding what your statement of purpose should address)
- Name and email addresses for 3 references, preferably from those who have worked with you and know your research interests and abilities (please use KU's online letter of recommendation system when you apply)
- List of psychology courses taken and grades received
In addition to materials submitted online, applicants must also provide:
- Transcripts from all institutions from which a degree was obtained, or any institutions attended post-bachelors. Copies of official transcripts that you have opened may be uploaded to the application online and used for admissions consideration. If you are admitted, sealed, or official electronic transcripts showing degree conferral, if applicable, must be provided by the end of your first semester at KU. Send official, sealed transcripts to:
KU Visitor Center
- Non-native Eglish speakers must demonstrate proof of English proficiency before gaining admission to a graduate program. More information can be found on KU's Graduate Studies English Proficiency Requirements for Graduate Admissions policy page. Please send TOEFL and IELTS scores to KU Instition Code 6871.
Please direct any specific questions about our admissions process to:
Graduate Academic Advisor